Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Alligator attacks man


A man out for an early-morning swim on Lake Mary Jane in Florida spoke to reporters from the hospital Sunday night after he was attacked by an 8-foot alligator and rushed to Orlando Regional Medical Center. "All of a sudden it hit me like a Mack truck or something. I just got hit real hard, and I felt the teeth and I said, I started thinking to myself, 'This is a gator, I can't believe a gator is biting me,'" Doug McCard said. "I knew I was in really shallow water, maybe waist deep, so I tried to spin myself and stand up and started swinging. Got a pretty good elbow to his head and he released me," McCard said. McCard said he was training for a triathlon and was 20 minutes into his swim when the attack happened at 8:30 a.m. Sunday. The gator bit McCard while he had one arm raised in mid-stroke, leaving him with some deep wounds all over his torso. he's been swimming in Lake Mary Jane since he's been a boy, so the attack came as a shock. "It's one of those things that happens and God was on my side today," McCard said.


I would probably panic if i was getting attacked so for him to stay calm and not panic was very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment