Wednesday, May 26, 2010

104!!!

In Pennsylvania a women is going to be turning 104 years old and she still drives but it doesn't look like it! And she doesn't act like she's over 100-years-old. "Many people my age and even younger aren't able to cope and do what I do." Gladys Flamer lives on her own in Coatesville, Chester County and does everything for herself. The feisty senior is also the owner of a two-toned 1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville. And while many of us would be concerned for a woman her age driving a car that big, Miss Gladys says she wouldn't have it any other way.
"Well I've always drove a bigger car, I've been driving since I was 15-years-old."
She took us on a ride through her hometown of Coatesville to show us what being more than a century old is all about. Though a lot has changed on the roads over the years, Miss Gladys always gets to where she's going - even if she has to put a few extra cushions on her seat to reach the pedal. "A lot of them think they can drive better than me. Maybe they can. But I don't have any problems with accidents. The cops don't bother me, so I think I drive alright."


I say good for her I hope to someday live to be this old and still be able to do everything like I did when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment