Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bobsledders Quit Olympics

Fear of getting hurt the coach wasn't asking him to win; he was asking him whether he could compete. The coach and his pilot walked the course, and de la Hunty told van Calker to think about it, giving him an hour to make a decision.
Later on Van Calker told his coach he just couldn't drive this track and so on Wednesday the four-man No. 1 sled from the Netherlands pulled out of the Olympics. Van Calker crashed on his first run during two-man practice on Saturday. The memories of other crashes, including one that resulted in two teammates in the hospital, were too much for van Calker. Van Calker said, "I have to look after my boys and can't close my eyes to that, For me, it's not about performing. It's about surviving."



I think that if i had fears of getting hurt then I would've done the same thing I'm not gonna risk my life for a game so i think that he made a wise decision.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/02/25/olympics.bobsled.driver.quits/index.html?hpt=Sbin

No comments:

Post a Comment